Williamson County Sheriff’s Office to Conduct Driver’s Sobriety or DUI Checkpoints in Williamson County
Five sobriety or DUI checkpoints will be conducted over the July 4th weekend in Williamson County.
- Thursday, July 3, 2014 on Goose Creek Bypass from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, July 3, 2014 on Carothers Parkway from 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Saturday, July 5, 2014 on U.S. Highway 431 from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Sunday, July 6, 2014 on Downs Blvd. from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 9, 2014 on U.S. Highway 31 North from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Williamson County deputies will be investigating for signs of drug and alcohol impairment. If they suspect that you are under the influence, you may be asked to exit your vehicle and perform certain roadside tasks, often referred to as field sobriety tests.
Drive carefully and be on the outlook for this DUI checkpoint or roadblock. Be aware there will likely be additional members of law enforcement on patrol throughout the city of Franklin looking for impaired drivers.
Anyone detained and then arrested at a sobriety or DUI roadblock should immediately contact a Tennessee criminal defense attorney.
For more information about DUI or about your legal rights pertaining to driver’s license or sobriety checkpoints, contact Ausbrooks Law Office at 615-591-9111.